Leisure plans in Roquetas de Mar
If you’d like to make the most of your stay in Almería, here are seven completely different leisure plans for you to enjoy in your free time.
This contains one of the driest landscapes in Europe and is also one of the few protected areas of volcanic origin.
Its 63 km of spectacular coast with cliffs and sea floors are listed as some of the best on the Spanish Mediterranean coast.
Two of its sights, the Faro de Cabo de Gata (lighthouse) and the Arrecife de las Sirenas (reef), are two of the most iconic attractions in the province of Almería.
With a surface area of over 3000 square metres, the tour through its rooms represents the cycle of water.
Especially interesting is the tropical room with a representation of the Amazon river. If you’re brave enough you’ll also have the opportunity to dive with sharks.
- Address: Avenida Reino de España, s/n
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 18.00; Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays from 10.00 to 19.00
- Telephone: (+34) 950 16 00 36
- Website: Roquetas de Mar Aquarium
With modern facilities, this leisure complex covers a surface area of 20,000 m2.
The circuit has an 860 metre track with a width of between 8 and 10 metres. There is also a 100 metre straight track.
- Address: Ctra. de Alicum, Km. 5 (Roquetas de Mar)
- Opening hours: Open daily from 10.00 to 00.00.
- Telephone: (+34) 950 34 58 11
- Website: Karting Roquetas
This large Water Park on a sit covering 45,000 m2 is situated 800 metres from Las Salinas beach, between the resorts of Roquetas de Mar and Aguadulce.
- Address: Carretera de Alicún, Address Roquetas
- Opening hours: open every day from 11.00 to 19.00
- Telephone: (+34) 950 32 75 75
- Website: Mario Park
Both Aguadulce and Roquetas de Mar have optimum beaches for kitesurfing and windsurfing with 25 knot winds and gusts which are normally in a south-eastern direction, especially on Serena beach (with a Red Cross surveillance post) and Punta Entinas-Sabinar beach.
The company Viajes Marítimos Delfín Negro offers boat trips from the ports of Roquetas de Mar and Almería.
The boats for 250, 145 and 125 passengers, have an underwater view as they have transparent hulls.
- Address: Viajes Marítimos Delfín Negro Puerto in Roquetas and Almería
- Opening hours: departures: 10:30, 12:00, 15:30; returns 12:00, 14:00 and 18:00.
- Telephone: (+34) 661 637 634 y (+34) 654 318 620 (from 9.00 to 21.00).
- Website: Boat trips
Indalosub is a PADI diving centre situated in Aguadulce. It offers diving courses for all levels, for both beginners and novices.
- Address: Paseo de las Acacias (Aguadulce)
- Telephone: (+34) 950 34 36 26
- Website: Diving courses